How to Properly Pack Lampshades For Moving
Pack Lampshades For Moving is a task that many people find to be quite daunting. This is even more so when packing items that are fragile. Think long distance moving and the worrying triples. This is where a packing & unpacking service comes in handy.
It’s too bad that many of them lack the requisite skills to properly transport your items or to give you tips on proper packaging and labeling. Think about moving an item around your house and how many times you’ve broken something. Remember that time when you forgot to label that bag or box then placed something on it and your priceless treasure was damaged? It will be a worse case scenario when you’re packing everything to move and do not have the right material, movers or advice.
However, not to fear, “We Move Anywhere” company is equipped to safely transport your sensitive items, and gives you important tips to help you package those items properly. One item that many people struggle with packing is lampshades. It is important to note that lamps and their shades should not be packed together. Here are a few tips on how to pack your lamps and shades, compiled to take some of the pressure of your packing:
Properly Pack The Lamp Base
Dismantling The Lamp
The power cord, if left loose can also cause scratches to the lamp; therefore, neatly fold and wrap the cord to keep it and the lamp secure.
Now for the harp and finial(also called canopy) wrap those in paper separately too.
The lamp should not just be wrapped in plain paper, but rather in padded paper to ensure that it stays secure. Once you’ve completed this task, remember to place labels on the box.
Pack Lampshades For Moving
Never, under any circumstance, wrap your lampshade that way or you could ruin it. The ink from the Newspaper can permanently deface your lampshade by leaving ink on it.
Packing Lampshades Recap
- Labeling the cartons is constantly emphasized, because it’s just as important as the packing & unpacking service. As a matter of fact, it is a part of that service. It’s a headache to figure out which box contains what, in order to pack them safely for transportation if they are not labeled. Also, once they are unpacked, separating them into their different rooms is much easier with labels and reduces the need to search and rearrange once your ready to begin unpacking.
- Place lampshades by themselves in cartons. The only exception is if you have a smaller shade that can fit inside the shade without touching it. There are no exceptions for silk shades.
- Avoided newsprint at all cost s for wrapping shades or stacking around the shade.
- Always used crumpled paper to keep the shade sturdy.
- Do not carry incandescent bulbs and pack others in paper and bubble wrap.
- Always use sturdy boxes, especially for long moves and fragile items like lampshades.
- When you close the box, make sure to only use packing tape to secure it. Anything else may be too loose and cause your items to fall from the box.
Label The Boxes
When in doubt, call a move coordinator, like “We Move Anywhere” Moving Company, where someone is always waiting to assist you with moving tips. Not only information on packing, but also the packaging material you need to get it done right the first time. Items like lampshades may seem simple, but the moment you speak to a coordinator, you’ll understand the relevance Pack Lampshades For Moving separately, carefully and with the right packing material.